Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First days of nursery

Eliza's nursery started yesterday and these first 2 days are orientation days so it's from 8-945am instead of the usual 8am-12pm. I took half day leave to join her in school yesterday and so far so good.

She knows I'm at the back if the class so she'll always check that I'm there. Else she was doing quite well. Only problem was that she didn't seem to respond to her Chinese name, Zhiling! If you call her Eliza or Lingling she will respond but not Zhiling. Oopss!

Anyway, as usual she was really excited on the first day but this morning after I got her changed, I explained to her that Ww or me will not be in the class with her. And that was when she started crying and almost didn't want to wear her school uniform. Thank God that she was ok when Ww said bye to her and left her at school. Interestingly of the kids who were crying on the first day, most of them were boys. Somehow I'm thankful that having her at playschool for that half year helped her a lot in adapting to school. After all she cried a lot then too.

I'm not sure how the next few days will be for her when the hours are longer. Hope she'll do ok and enjoy her school. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: