Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Moving out and 2nd week of school

GARAGE SALE
This weekend we had a garage sale in hopes of selling and giving away some brand new stuffs, books an what nots. We had a handful of people coming and a pre-sale for some friends who took a good amount of baby clothes, stuffs and toys. Essentially we're just glad to clear all these away as we do not have space to keeps these things.

At the end of the day those that didn't get sold or given away was given to the garang guni man and the papers + books sent to the recycling factory.

Eliza somehow had her own fun playing with all the knickknacks, the old key chains and cutting papers. I was glad that she was having her own fun independently, only occasionally needing some attention from us and asking to "eat something"

SLEEPING INDEPENDENTLY
I've also started her on sleeping on her own since we moved to my mum's place. I wasn't sure if it would be too much changes for her with the moving and changing school. But like the brushing teeth consistency, I didn't want to break that habit once I started it. It has only been a week but somehow it has gotten more difficult the past few days. I'm not sure if it's the changes we're experiencing or that it's just her (like how she adapts to school).

So her delay tactics has gotten longer and longer. She would ask for milk again, she would ask for another hug, another kiss, pat her for a while or hold her hand for a while. Still so far she managed to go to sleep on her own eventually. I've also recently started on the reward system which I've been reluctant to initially cos it sounds like bribery to me :S. Still hope it works + my consistency.

2nd WEEK OF SCHOOL
This morning started with a rush cos we had a late night going out for dinner and celebrating my mum's birthday. So she slept late and woke up late.


And from what we discovered, it's not good to arrive late in school. Essentially, it's cos all the assistant teachers would have gone to their classes and there's no one to help her ease into her class which has already started. Considering that this is nursery and not playschool, there's only 2 teachers to 15 kids. Her playschool then had 4 teachers to 20+ kids. I was really glad that then she had this teacher who would always be there to distract her and carry her to calm her down in the first few weeks.
At some point I felt a little regret that I didn't let her continue with her previous school. There, she is familiar with the environment and teachers. It was the timing, 1-5pm, that I felt wasn't suitable for her. While most kids her age has dropped their afternoon naps, she hasn't been doing so. It probably only happens once a month. This lil girl has a bio alarm clock that wakes her once the sun rises, which is about 7am. Rarely does she sleep till 8am. So it's no wonder she's tired by mid afternoon.

Anyway we'll see how this week goes and pray that she'll have good and attentive teachers and that she'll love going to school. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: