Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Counting down

9 more days...that's the amount of time left till we leave. As much as we have been planning and preparing for this day, the reality is setting in. The reality that our new life starts then.

I have been spending the first week that Ww has been away to adjust to him not being around. And then the second and third week packing the boxes for freight. And this last week to pack the check in luggages. Hopefully the last week of 4 days will be to rest and tie up loose ends.

This packing thing is really difficult somehow. Cos there's so many things to bring and it's all sorts of things. From our fav books to clothes to household items to toys and stuff. Then I had to consider whether these things are to be freighted or packed in our luggages.

Today I started the luggage packing. Vacuum packed 2 bags of clothes which already weighs 7.7kg. There's still more. And as I pack, I discover new items to be packed in!! How? We have one large bag and the others seem just too small to stuff 23kg worth of items in.

Actually the most challenging part of packing is to find the time to do so. It's different when u have all the time in the world to do it and when u have 2 kids to demand your attention or when u don't know whether the littlest one is crying her head off cos she's hungry or sleepy. I can't quite do it well unless it's at night when they have slept or my mil brings Eliza to her place and Emily sleeps well in the evening; or when my mil is around.; or when Emily sleeps well in the morning.

Pray I can finish all these in time and in sanity without veering towards exhaustion. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: